Moyen Age - digital knitting pattern - PDF
“Moyen Age” is for all who enjoy the rustic looks of intricate Middle Age craftsmanship, but prefer modern wearing comfort for their own garments.
Knit almost seamlessly from the bottom up in a unique pretzel pattern, with set-in sleeves and optional bust darts for a perfect fit, this pullover can be turned into anything you want it to be: long-sleeved, short sleeved or even a sleeveless tank.
A graceful center cable is worked the length of the body to the neckline. Through a series of double decreases the neckline and armholes are shaped. A small cable is worked down the center of the sleeves adding interest and complementing the front.
Make it truly your own by choosing your personal options!
* Madelinetosh 80/10/10 Fingering (80% Merino, 10% Nylon, 10% Cashmere) 100g/ 405 yards (370 meters)
– short sleeved version: 2 (2, 3, 3, 3, [3, 4, 4, 4]) skeins or approx. 720 (750, 830, 920, 1010, [1110, 1230, 1340, 1440]) yards [660 (690, 760, 845, 925, [1020, 1130, 1230, 1320]) meters]
- long sleeved version: 3 (3, 4, 4, 5, [5, 6, 6, 6]) skeins or approx. 1190 (1245, 1380, 1520, 1680, [1850, 2040, 2230, 2410]) yards [1090 (1149, 1265, 1390, 1540, [1695, 1870, 2040, 2210]) meters]
of fingering or light sport weight yarn that knits up to gauge.
* US 1½ – 2.5 mm, US 2 – 2.75 mm, and US 2½ - 3 mm 23” (60 cm) circular needles
* US 2 – 2.75 mm & US 2½ - 3 mm 40” (100 cm) circular needles
* Cable needles
* 2 stitch markers in one color (A)
* 2 stitch markers in second color (B)
* Stitch holder or scrap yarn
2XS (XS, S, M, L, XL, XL1, 2XL, 2XL1)
To fit chest: 28/30 (32, 36, 38, 40/42, 44, 46, 48, 50)”
The pullover is meant to be worn with approx. 0 to 2” 0 to 5 cm of negative ease.
23 sts and 34 rows per 4” 10cm in stockinette stitch on US 2½ - 3 mm needles after blocking – save time by checking the gauge :)
Please note that I knit loosely so you may need a different needle size or different yarn weight to obtain the gauge.
Moyen Age is knitted from the bottom up in one piece. As with most of my sweaters, Moyen Age is done completely seamlessly with set in sleeves worked using short rows. The body is first knit in the round up to the front neckline and armholes, then separated to work fronts and back separately, working back and forth. Once the body is done, you pick up stitches around the armholes to work the sleeves from the top down. Instructions for both long and short sleeves are included.
Pattern available in the following languages: Polish, English, German, French.
We strive to dispatch your purchased items as soon as possible. All orders are processed within 3 business days of the transaction being complete and the funds being received. We send digital products free of charge to the e-mail address provided by you.
The right to withdraw from Agreement by the Consumer shall be excluded in the following cases:
If you purchase publications, printed knitting patterns and digital products that are not stored on a physical medium.